- 250 gram fusilli or other pasta of your choice
- 200 gram bacon lardons
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 1 can of tomato (chunks)
- 1 can of black pitted olives (about 200 gram)
- 1 can of green pitted olives (about 200 gram)
- optional: 100 gram black olive tapenade
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- olive oil
- pepper and salt to taste
- large handful of grated cheese
Kitchen equipment needed
- medium-sized pan
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- large skillet
- wooden spoon
Preparation — 10 minutes
FILL a medium-sized pan with water and salt and bring to a boil. COOK the pasta until it’s al dente, the exact cooking time depends on the type of pasta you’re using. PEEL the red onion and garlic cloves, divide the onion into half rings and finely chop the garlic.
DRAIN the artichoke hearts and divide them into smaller pieces.
Finishing the artichoke and olive pasta — 10 minutes
COOK the bacon in a large skillet for a few minutes. ADD red onion and garlic and cook it a few minutes more. ADD the black and green olives, tomatoes, black olive tapenade and artichoke hearts. Let the sauce cook for a few minutes and SEASON with pepper and salt.
DRAIN the pasta and drizzle with olive oil. As soon as the sauce is done, you can stir the pasta into the sauce of serve on a side. SERVE with grated cheese and a green salad if you like, enjoy!