Ingredients needed for the carrot cake
- 4 eggs
- about 3 cups of carrots, grated
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil (300 ml)
- 2 cups of sugar (450 gram)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 gram) + extra
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- butter for greasing
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the frosting
- 1/2 cup of softened butter (125 gram)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 cups of powdered sugar (220 gram)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Kitchen equipment needed
- An oven
- Spring form (26 cm – 10 inch)
- Large bowl
- Wire rack frame (optional)
Preparing the carrot cake — 25 minutes
Start by heating the oven to 175 degrees celsius or 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grab a spring form and grease it with butter and a thin layer of flour afterwards.
Grab a large bowl and beat together the eggs, vegetable oil and two teaspoons of vanilla. Mix in the flour, sugar, baking powder & baking soda, a pinch of salt and cinnamon. Stir in the grated carrots, mix and pour into the prepared spring form.
Baking the carrot cake — 1 hour
By now the oven should be preheated, so place the spring form with the carrot cake batter into the oven for 40 to 50 minutes. You can check if the carrot cake is done when sticking in a toothpick into the center of the carrot cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then place onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
Making the frosting — 5 minutes
Grab a medium-sized bowl, add in the butter, cream cheese, one teaspoon of vanilla extract and the powdered sugar. Beat until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Frost the carrot cake with this delicious frosting when the cake has been cooled off completely.