- 350 gram all-purpose flour
- 10 gram baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 60 gram cold butter
- 100 gram full fat yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- zest of half a grapefruit
- large handful of fresh cranberries
Kitchen equipment needed
- oven tray lined with parchment paper
- standmixer with dough hook attachment or large bowl with a whisk
- small bowl
- 2 spoons or ice cream scoop
Preparation — 10 minutes
PRE-HEAT the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. DIVIDE the cold butter into cubes. COMBINE flour, caster sugar, salt and cubes of butter in the bowl of your standmixer. KNEAD the dough for about 5 minutes, or until the dough looks crumbled.
ADD the eggs, yogurt, grapefruit juice and zest to a small bowl and combine until you’ve reached a smooth mixture. ADD the yogurt mixture to the crumbled mixture and knead until you’ve reached a dough ball. STIR in the fresh cranberries.
Finishing the cranberry and grapefruit scones — 10 minutes
LINE an oven tray with parchment paper and decide what size you would like your scones to be. DIVIDE the dough with 2 spoons or an ice cream scoop. Keep in mind the larger they are, the longer it will take until they’re done.
BAKE the scones for about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size. SERVE them with unsweetened whipped cream and/or lemon curd if you like. Enjoy!