- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 gram butter
- 2,5 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 40 gram all-purpose flour
- 1 liter vegetable stock (store-bought or make your own)
- 1,5 bell peppers (we’ve used a half red, green and yellow pepper)
- 100 ml cream
- pepper and salt to taste
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- medium-sized pan
- wooden spoon
Preparation — 10 minutes
PEEL and finely chop the onion and garlic cloves. REMOVE the seeds from the peppers and rinse them. CHOP the peppers into small cubes and set them aside.
Finishing the curry and bell pepper soup — 15 minutes
HEAT butter in the medium-sized pan and sauté the chopped onion and garlic for about a minute. Then ADD the curry powder and cayenne pepper and sauté one minute more. Then also ADD the flour to create a roux and let it cook on low heat for another minute. POUR in the vegetable stock, stir until it’s smooth and bring to a boil.
ADD the finely diced bell peppers, turn down the heat and COOK for another few minutes, the peppers should still have a bite to them. ADD cream and season with pepper and salt. Enjoy!