- 500 gram pork tenderloin
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 6 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons of nasi goreng spice mix (that would a little bit less than half of this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon sambal manis
- 1 teaspoon sambal brandal
- 2 onions
- 500 gram white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- coffee cream
- optional: salad, krupuk and fries for serving
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- Dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pan
- large bowl
- wooden spoon
- cling film
Preparation — 10 minutes + waiting time
COMBINE vinegar, ketjap manis, ketchup, nasi goreng spice mix and the 3 types of sambal. PEEL the onions and chop them into half rings. REMOVE any excess fat or muscles from the pork tenderloin and chop into bite-size pieces.
COMBINE the vinegar mixture with onion and pork tenderloin pieces, cover with cling film and marinate as long as possible, at least an hour but preferably overnight.
Finishing the Devil’s stew — 45 minutes
HEAT a Dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pan on medium-high heat and ADD the meat and marinade. COOK for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile clean the mushrooms and chop them into quarters. ADD the mushroom quarters and cook for another 15 minutes.
ADD 1 tablespoon peanut butter and cook until the marinade is thickened enough. ADD a splash of coffee or regular cream and season with ketjap, sambal, pepper and salt.
SERVE with fries, krupuk, a salad and enjoy!