- About 125 gram small shrimps, we’ve used canned shrimps
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons whiskey cocktail sauce
– Make your own using whiskey, mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and lemon
- handful of lettuce of your choice
- paprika powder for garnish
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone
- few drops of tabasco
Kitchen equipment needed
Creating the Dutch shrimp cocktail — 10 minutes
If you’re using frozen shrimps, you need to thaw them first and then add them to a sieve. If you’re using canned shrimps you also need to add them to sieve so you can rinse them with some water. Meanwhile create an easy whisky cocktail sauce, you can use our recipe here. Add an extra tablespoon of mascarpone to the sauce for a thicker and richer sauce. Also add a few drops of tabasco to enhance the flavor of the shrimps.
Use a cocktail glass or bowls and add a bit of lettuce. Add a large tablespoon of shrimps and then a spoonful of cocktail sauce. Garnish with a pinch of paprika powder. Repeat for as many cocktails as you’ll need. Serve immediately and enjoy!