- 2 chicken fillets
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1,5 tablespoon extra hot sambal (home-made, or use store-bought sambal or fresh peppers)
- 150 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- sunflower or other neutral oil
- pepper and salt to taste
- rice, krupuk and cucumber salad (e.g. creamy cucumber) for serving
- optional: parsley for garnish
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- medium-sized skillet
- medium-sized pan
Preparation — 5 minutes
PEEL the onion and garlic cloves and cut as fine as possible, or you can also use thin onion rings. REMOVE any excess fat or muscle from the chicken fillets and chop them into bite-size pieces.
FILL a medium-sized pan with water and salt and bring to a boil. COOK the rice according to the package.
Finishing the easy spicy chicken — 10 minutes
HEAT 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a medium-sized skillet and saute the chopped onion and garlic for about 2 minutes. ADD the chicken and saute about 5 minutes more. ADD sambal, peanut butter and cream and let it cook for a few minutes. SEASON with pepper and salt.
DRAIN the fully cooked rice and serve with the easy spicy chicken. GARNISH with parsley if you like. Enjoy!