- 500 gram flour (you can use all sorts of (whole wheat) flour and even oats)
- 375 ml water
- 1 package of dry yeast (7 gram)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 gram salt (we used coarse sea salt)
- 22 gram olive oil (or butter)
- optional: handful of all sorts of nuts and seeds you like
Kitchen equipment needed
- bread machine
Preparation — 5 minutes
Well, there isn’t much preparation for this recipe. So that’s super easy, right?
For a perfect bread, we recommend a scale, or well, at least be precise with the measurements and proportions.
Baking the whole wheat bread — 5 minutes + baking time
ADD flour to the bread machine and make a hole in the middle, pour the dry yeast in the middle. Carefully pour in the water and ADD the salt in the corners so it won’t touch the yeast at first. Also ADD the sugar, olive oil, nuts and seeds if you chose to use those.
Set your machine to the whole wheat setting if your machine has that setting and set the time. Our bread machine was kneading and baking this bread a little bit longer than 3 hours total. REMOVE from the machine and carefully remove the dough hook. Enjoy!