- 125 gram pork belly or bacon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 1 tablespoon coarse chili or chili flakes
- 200 gram kimchi (store-bought or make your own)
- 1 liter beef stock (store-bought or make your own)
- 300 gram noodles (we’ve used ramen noodles)
- 150 gram snow peas
- 2 green onions
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- small bowl
- wok or deep large skillet
Preparation — 10 minutes
PEEL and finely chop the garlic cloves. COMBINE the garlic with soy sauce, red pepper paste, coarse chili, soy sauce, sesame oil and grated ginger. PEEL and finely chop the onion. If needed, chop the pork belly or bacon into cubes. Optionally remove the ends from the snow peas. CHOP the green onions into fine rings and set aside.
Finishing the kimchi noodles — 20 minutes
COOK the pork belly or bacon in the large skillet for a few minutes, no need to add oil or butter. ADD the onion and after about a minute pour in the soy sauce mixture and the kimchi, without liquid. After about 2 minutes, also pour in the beef stock and bring to a boil. Let it boil for a few minutes and then add in the snow peas and noodles.
Stir occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Cooking time will depend on the type of noodles you’re using. Probably it will only take about 5 minutes until it has reduced enough and the noodles are done. SERVE with greens onions and enjoy!