- 800 gram cream cheese
- 100 ml honey
- 40 gram all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 60 gram dairy butter
- 3/4th package of dry cookies (we’ve used Bastogne, Dutch cookies)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender or use lavender extract
- optional: few sprigs of fresh lavender for garnish
Kitchen equipment needed
- coffee grinder or a small saucepan and cheese cloth/kitchen towel
- spring form (26 cm – 10 inch)
- silicone kitchen brush
- blender, food processor or ziplock bag and rolling-pin
Preparation — 25 minutes
You can use a coffee grinder to finely grind the dried lavender. If you can’t grind it fine enough, you can best cook it shortly in about 3 tablespoons of water. SIEVE that water with a cheese cloth or clean kitchen towel. If you’re using lavender that’s too coarse, the cheesecake will have an unpleasant mouthfeel.
PRE-HEAT the oven to 150 degrees Celsius or 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
COAT the spring form with butter and if you like, you can line the bottom with parchment paper. CREATE cookie crumbs, you can use a ziplock bag and rolling-pin or use a blender or food processor. MELT the butter and combine with the cookie crumbs. DIVIDE over the bottom of the spring form to create a cake crust.
COMBINE cream cheese, 4 eggs, eggs and flour in the bowl of your standmixer and mix on high-speed until you’ve reached a smooth mixture. ADD the lavender, but make sure to taste how much you can add exactly. POUR the mixture on top of the cookie bottom.
Finishing the lavender honey cheesecake — 35 minutes + waiting time
BAKE the cheesecake in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven. Let the cheesecake cool off completely, garnish with fresh lavender if you like and enjoy!