- 200 gram spaghetti
- 1 jar of roasted peppers or make your own
- 1 eggplant (or use store-bought grilled eggplant slices)
- large handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 small jar of pesto with lemon (or make your own)
If you’re using pesto without lemon you can add some lemon zest
- olive oil
- pepper and salt to taste
- small handful of seeds (such as pine nuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
- optional: fresh parsley and basil
Kitchen equipment needed
- large pan
- mandoline, kitchen cutting machine or vegetable peeler
- grill pan
- 2 plates
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- large skillet
- wooden spoon
Preparation — 30 minutes
FILL a large pan with water and salt and bring to a boil. As soon as the water starts to boil, you can cook the pasta until it’s al dente. DIVIDE the eggplant into thin slices and HEAT a grill pan on high heat. DRIZLLE the slices with olive oil and GRILL them on both sides until the grilling pattern appears. REPEAT until all the slices are grilled and season them with pepper and salt. Optionally you can chop them into smaller pieces.
REMOVE the seeds of the chili pepper and chop into thin slices. CHOP the roasted peppers into slices, the cherry tomatoes into halves and finely chop the parsley.
Finishing the pesto pasta with roasted vegetables — 5 minutes
HEAT a bit of olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the chili pepper shortly. ADD the grilled eggplant and roasted peppers.
DRAIN the spaghetti and stir it into the veggies along with the cherry tomatoes, pesto and chopped parsley. SEASON with pepper and salt and serve with mixed seeds and basil leaves. Enjoy!