- 6 square puff pastry sheets
- 4 tablespoons fig compote or jam
- about 10 slices of Serrano ham (we’ve used Serrano ham with thyme)
- handful of grated cheese
- 1 egg
Kitchen equipment needed
- oven tray lined with parchment paper
- large cutting board & chef’s knife
- silicone kitchen brush
Preparation — 10 minutes
PRE-HEAT the oven to 170 degrees Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make sure the puff pastry sheets aren’t frozen anymore and place them on the large cutting board. COAT them with a thin layer of fig compote and divide a bit of grated cheese on top. PLACE the slices of ham on top and add some more grated cheese if you like.
Finishing the puff pastry ham and cheese sticks — 10 minutes
Use a sharp chef’s knife to divide the puff pastry into 6 strips. TWIST them with your hands and transfer them to the oven tray lined with parchment paper. COAT them with egg wash and bake them for about 8 minutes, depending on your oven. Enjoy!