- 1 liter vegetable stock (store-bought or make your own)
- 1/2 zucchini
- large handful of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 5 tablespoons spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons (clarified) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pepper and salt to taste
Kitchen equipment needed
- spiralizer (or chop the zucchini into strips with a chef’s knife)
- Small saucepan
- medium-sized pan
- medium-sized bowl
Preparation — 10 minutes
MELT the (clarified) butter and let it cool off a bit. MIX spelt flour, the egg, cream, melted butter, ground nutmeg, pepper and salt using a whisk until you’ve reached a smooth batter. Set the batter aside and meanwhile heat up the vegetable stock.
Use the spiraziler to create zucchini ‘spaghetti’ and set aside.
Finishing the vegetable soup with spelt dumplings — 10 minutes
Use a wet spoon or wet hands to create a dumpling and ADD them to the hot vegetable stock. Also ADD the (frozen) peas and zucchini ‘spaghetti’ and bring the stock to a boil. Turn down the heat and let it cook for about 5 minutes. The peas and zucchini should have a little bite to them. Season with pepper and salt. Enjoy!