- 500 gram mushrooms of your choice. We’ve used shiitake, oyster mushrooms, white button mushrooms and chestnut mushrooms.
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- few thyme sprigs
- butter for baking
- 100 ml dry sherry
- 2,5 liter mushroom stock (store-bought or make your own)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- tabasco, pepper and salt to taste
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- large pan
- wooden spoon
Preparation — 10 minutes
Start cutting the shallots and garlic cloves as fine as possible. CLEAN the mushrooms if necessary with a paper kitchen towel or mushroom brush. CUT all the mushrooms into fine slices.
Cooking the wild mushroom soup — 20 minutes
HEAT butter in the large pan and saute the onion and garlic on medium heat for about 2 minutes. ADD all the mushroom slices and let it cook for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat. The mushrooms will start to lose their moist and that’s exactly what we need! ADD dry sherry and cook for another minute.
Now ADD the mushroom stock, thyme sprigs and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and turn down the heat. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the mushroom slices are soft enough. REMOVE the thyme sprigs. Season with tabasco, pepper and salt.
Garnish with chopped parsley if you like.