- 750 gram fresh broad beans
- lettuce of your choice, we’ve used little gem
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese shavings
- olive oil
- pepper and salt to taste
Kitchen equipment needed
- medium-sized pan
- small bowl
- vegetable peeler (or anything else to create small cheese shavings)
Preparing the salad — 15 minutes
REMOVE the beans from the shell. BOIL them in salted water for about 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately place them in cold water to stop the cooking process. Now you can double pod the beans of eat them with the skin on, whichever you prefer. We always remove the skin by gently squeezing the beautiful green beans out of the thick skin.
Putting the broad beans salad together — 5 minutes
RINSE the lettuce and divide onto the plates. DIVIDE the beans and add some fresh basil leaves. SHAVE the Parmesan cheese and also divide the shavings. DRIZZLE some olive oil on top and season with pepper and salt. That’s really all there is, enjoy this well-balanced salad!