- 1 jar of cherries (about 250 gram) – store-bought or e.g. this version for an extra festive flavour
- optional: a bit of cornstarch
- 8 scoops of vanilla ice cream – store-bought or homemade
- handful of almond shavings
- a half bar or dark chocolate
Kitchen equipment needed
- small saucepan
- ice cream spoon
- fine grater
Making the warm cherries with vanilla ice cream — 10 minutes
If you bought cherries in a jar, you can add a bit of red port to the juice if you like. Warm cherries without any extra additions are great too, so it’s not necessary. You can heat the juice of the jar and use a bit of cornstarch as a thickening agent, but this is also not necessary. You can also reduce the juice a bit without adding any cornstarch. Add the cherries and heat them for a few minutes.
Meanwhile roast some almond shavings in a dry skillet. Divide warm cherries over 4 bowls and place 2 scoops of ice cream in each bowl. Divide the almonds shavings and finish with some grated dark chocolate. Serve immediately and enjoy!