- 8 small hamburger buns
- 250 gram minced meat (we’ve used pork and beef mince)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- large handful of bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon coarse mustard
- handful of arugula (rucola)
- 100 gram carre d’ambre or any other very soft goat cheese (room temperature)
- large handful of white button mushrooms
- olive oil
- pepper and salt
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- medium-sized bowl
- salad spinner
- mushroom brush or paper kitchen towel
- small skillet
- grill pan
- bread knife
Preparation — 10 minutes
PEEL and finely cut the onion. COMBINE minced meat, mustard, bread crumbs, egg and onion until it’s smooth enough to create small hamburgers. Season the meat with pepper and salt. Use your hands to create small hamburgers.
Make sure your arugula is rinsed and then dried with a salad spinner. Use a mushroom brush or paper kitchen towel to clean the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
Cooking time — 10 minutes
HEAT the grill pan on high heat and divide a little bit of olive oil on both sides of the mini hamburgers. GRILL them on both sides for about 2 minutes, or until the grill pattern is visible. Time depends on the thickness of the burgers.
HEAT olive oil in the small skillet and saute the mushroom slices for a few minutes, until golden brown. SEASON with pepper and salt.
Open up the mini hamburger buns and divide a little bit of arugula on the bottom. PLACE the burger and mushrooms on top. FINISH the burgers with a scoop of cheese and the top of the bun. Enjoy!