View the original recipe via:
- 25 gram unsalted butter (1 oz)
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- Handful of chestnut or regular mushrooms
- 50 ml white wine (2 fl oz), we've used a Sauvignon blanc.
- 100 ml double cream (4 fl oz)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: crushed walnuts
- Spaghetti, cooked according to packets instructions
Pasta with mushroom sauce ingredients
Kitchen equipment needed
- Large skillet
- Big pan for boiling the spaghetti
- Chef's knife + cutting board
- Small knife
Preparation -- 5 minutes
DICE the onion and finely chop the garlic. CLEAN and slice the mushrooms, you can decide how much mushrooms you want to add to the sauce. Since mushrooms usually shrink to half their size, you can add 1 or 2 handfuls.
Open up the packet of double cream and crush the walnuts. You can use these crushed walnuts for presentation if you like, but you can skip this step if you want. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
Cooking the mushroom sauce -- 10 minutes
Put the large skillet on medium-high heat, add the butter and olive oil. When the butter has melted completely, add in the diced onions and chopped garlic. Saute for a few minutes, until soft. ADD the sliced mushrooms and cook until soft. Season them using salt and pepper, be sure to taste it.
ADD white wine and cook until the volume of the liquid has reduced by half of what is used to be. ADD cream and simmer for about 5 minutes, season with dried oregano. Taste, and decide if you want to add more salt and pepper. Serve with spaghetti in a deep plate, and optionally add some crushed walnuts on top. Enjoy your meal!