- 800 gram mixed mushrooms (fresh or frozen)
- 1,5 tablespoon truffle paste
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- few sprigs of thyme
- 800 ml mushroom or chicken stock
- 50 ml heavy cream
- pepper and salt to taste
- olive oil
- dash of (truffle) balsamic vinegar
- optional: croutons or white bread to make your own croutons
Kitchen equipment needed
- mushroom brush or paper kitchen towel
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- medium-sized skillet
- optional: star-shaped cookie cutter
- large pan with lid
Preparation — 15 minutes
Rinse the mushrooms using a brush or paper kitchen towel. If you’re using frozen mushrooms it’s best to thaw them first. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic cloves. Finely chop some fresh parsley if you’re going to use it for garnish and set aside. Create bread stars and cook them in a skillet with olive oil until both sides or beautiful golden brown.
Finishing the creamy mushroom and truffle soup — 30 minutes
Heat a bit of oil or butter in a large pan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms along with sprigs of thyme and cook for about another 10 minutes. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
Let it simmer for about 15 minutes with the lid on and then keep some mushrooms aside to serve in the bowls. Remove the thyme and blend the soup, using an immersion blender, until the soup is quite smooth. Add in cream, a dash of balsamic vinegar and truffle paste and season with pepper and salt. Serve the smooth soup with the mushroom, star croutons and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!