- 500 gram ground beef (or use a mix of beef and pork)
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large can of tomato paste (140 gram)
- 250 gram chestnut mushrooms
- 200 ml red wine
- 2 cans of tomato chunks
- about 8 sun-dried tomatoes + oil from the jar
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried or fresh
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried or fresh
- pepper and salt to taste
- For serving: pasta of your choice, grated cheese and a salad
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- mushroom brush or paper kitchen towel
- large skillet with a lid
- large pan
Preparation — 10 minutes
PEEL and finely chop the onions and garlic cloves. CLEAN the mushrooms using a brush of paper kitchen towel and slice them into quarters. FILL the large pan with water and salt and bring to a boil, COOK the pasta according to the package.
Finishing the pasta sauce with ground beef and tomatoes — 1 hour
HEAT oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar in the large skillet, you can also use regular olive oil. COOK the chopped onion and garlic for a few minutes. Then ADD the ground beef and let it cook a few minutes more on high heat. ADD tomato paste and after another few minutes also ADD the mushroom quarters. POUR in the red wine and canned tomatoes. FILL one of the cans with water and pour that into the skillet as well. Also ADD the dried or fresh herbs along with the sun-dried tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Turn down the heat, place the lid on and let it SIMMER for at least half an hour. SEASON with pepper and salt. SERVE with pasta, grated cheese and a salad with a simple dressing of your choice. Enjoy!