- 200 gram all-purpose flour
- half sachet of baking powder (or use self-rising flour instead)
- 150 gram brown caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons Dutch speculaaskruiden spice mix
- 200 ml full fat milk, you can also use buttermilk instead
- 1 tabelspoon apple treacle
Kitchen equipment needed
- cake tin (30 cm – 11.8 inch)
- silicone kitchen brush
- silicone spatula
Creating the gingerbread — 40 minutes
Coat the cake tin with butter and a thin layer of flour and pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine flour with baking powder or use self-rising flour instead. Add the brown sugar, a pinch of salt and speculaaskruiden.
It’s best to use a standmixer to create a smooth batter. Gradually add milk to the flour-mixture and add a tablespoon of treacle. As soon as the batter is smooth, you add it to the cake tin.
Bake the gingerbread for about 20 – 25 minutes, the exact time depends on the oven. You can check with a wooden skewer, if it comes out clean the gingerbread is done. Let it cool off for about 10 minutes before you remove the cake tin. Add the gingerbread to a plastic bag and let it cool off completely inside of the bag. Enjoy!