- about 800 gram fries – you can use any kind you’d like, theres no need to use oven fries if you use an airfryer
- about 600 gram chili con carne (store-bought or make your own, you can also use a vegetarian version)
- large handful of (coarsely) grated cheddar cheese
- optional: green onions
Kitchen equipment needed
- Airfryer or oven
- optional: frying pan
- optional: cutting board & chef’s knife
- optional: coarse cheese grater
We made this easy dish in an Airfryer, but you can also use an oven. You can also use a frying pan for the fries and melt the cheese afterwards in an oven/airfryer.
Making the chili cheese fries — 20 minutes
Bake the fries until they’re beautiful golden brown and season them with some salt. We prefer fries from the airfryer, but a frying pan is also possible. Whatever you prefer. Meanwhile heat the chili con carne and coarsely grate the cheese.
Add baked fries in an oven dish and divide the chili con carne (or chili sin carne) over the fries. Divide a large handful of grated cheese and bake them in the oven or airfryer for a few minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately, with some chopped green onions if you like. Enjoy!