- 3 carrots
- small handful of radishes
- 1/4th cucumber
- large handful of green beans (we’ve used a mix of green and yellow beans)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 head of little gem – baby romaine lettuce (or use a different kind of crunchy lettuce)
- small handful (salted) peanuts
- juice and zest of 5 yuzu, thats about 3 tablespoons (you can also substitute with lime)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- about 1 cm fresh ginger root (0.4 inch)
- 1 garlic clove
Kitchen equipment needed
- medium-sized pan
- small knife
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- large bowl
- small bowl
- fine grater
- citrus juicer
- optional: spiralizer
Preparation — 30 minutes
Fill a medium-sized pan with water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile rinse the beans by removing the ends and cook them in the boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain the beans and let them cool off completely. Meanwhile peel and finely chop or grate a garlic clove and a piece of ginger root.
Peel the carrots and divide them into small piece, we’ve used a spiralizer but you can chop them in any desired shape. Rinse a piece of cucumber and the radishes and chop them both into slices. Rinse the lettuce if needed and tear into pieces. Rinse half a pepper, remove the seeds and divide into thin strips.
Finishing the oriental salad with yuzu dressing — 10 minutes
Finely grate the peel of the yuzu, or other citrus fruit, to create zest and squeeze the juice out of them. Combine with ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and brown sugar to create a dressing.
Combine beans, lettuce, carrot, radish, pepper and cucumber with the dressing. Finish the salad with peanuts, enjoy!