- 1 zucchini (we’ve used a ‘grisette de Provence’, but you can use any kind you like)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 chili pepper (or use a whole pepper for a spicy version)
- 2 tablespoons salty soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil
- pepper and salt to taste
- sunflower or other neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
Preparation — 10 minutes
Peel and finely chop the shallot and garlic cloves. Remove the seeds of the chili pepper for a milder version and finely chop the chili pepper. Rinse the zucchini, remove the ends and chop into slices, not too thick but also not too thin.
Finishing the stir-fried zucchini with sesame — 10 minutes
Heat a wok on high heat and as soon as the wok starts to smoke, you add a bit of oil. Stir-fry the zucchini for a few minutes on high heat and then also add the finely chopped shallot, garlic and chili pepper. Also add the soy sauce and sesame oil and season with pepper and salt. Be careful with the salt, because the soy sauce is also quite salty. Cook the zucchini until they’re completely done, that will take about 5 minutes.