- 4 large handfuls of fries
- spice mix for the fries;
– 3/4th teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon paprika powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1,5 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4th teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/4th teaspoon pepper
- tomato rice, half a recipe is enough
- tzatziki, store-bought or make your own – half a recipe is enough
- 4 chicken souvlaki skewers
- 4 beef koftas
- 4 lamb chops
- pepper, salt and dried oregano to taste
- 1/4th recipe for Greek cabbage salad
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- optional: fresh parsley for garnish
Kitchen equipment needed
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- small bowl
- grill pan
- meat tongs
- frying pan, heavy bottomed pan with frying oil or use an airfryer
- large bowl
Preparation — about 2 hours (if you’re making everything from scratch)
Combine the spice mix by stirring the spices together and set them aside. Peel the red onion and divide them into (half) thin rings. Slice the lemon into wedges and finely chop some fresh parsley if you’re using any.
Finishing the Greek mixed grill — 30 minutes
You can fry the fries in oil or use an airfryer. In the meantime assemble the chicken onto the skewers and set them aside. Finish the tomato rice and meanwhile heat a grill pan on high heat.
Grill the chicken souvlaki and beef koftas for a few miutes on all sides. After that also grill the lamb chops, they only need a few minutes because they’re best when they are still a bit rosé in the center. Season them with pepper, salt and a bit of dried oregano.
Add the spice mix to the fries and serve the grilled meat immediately along with the spices fries, tomato rice, tzatziki, cabbage salad and finish with lemon wedges, red onion and parsley. Enjoy!