- about 500 gram pumpkin or patty pan squash
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- optional: fresh parsley for garnish
- optional: noodles with a simple miso paste sauce for serving (a bit of miso paste mixed with rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey and water to taste)
Kitchen equipment needed
- oven tray lined with parchment paper
- large bowl
- cutting board & chef’s knife
Preparation — 15 minutes
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 390 degrees Fahrenheit and line an oven tray with parchment paper.
Combine miso paste, honey, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil in a large bowl until you’ve reached a smooth mixture. Rinse the pumpkin and remove the seeds with a spoon. Divide into thick slices and add them to the miso mixture. Make sure all the slices are coated completely and divide over the oven tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with a bit of sunflower oil.
Finishing the oven-roasted miso pumpkin — 30 minutes
Roast the pumpkin in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes, the exact time depends on the oven and the size of the slices. Make sure the slices are soft, but not too dark, the miso will tend to burn easily. You can roast them a bit longer then we did, but we liked it better with a lighter color in combination with the noodles.
Serve with (roasted) sesame seeds and serve with a salad. Enjoy!