- about 500 grams of snow peas
- 1 shallot
- 1 large garlic clove (or more if you use a less strong type of garlic)
- about 2 cm (0.8 inch) ginger root
- sunflower or other neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- pepper and salt to taste
Kitchen equipment needed
- small knife
- cutting board & chef’s knife
- fine grater
Preparation — 10 minutes
Clean the snow peas by cutting off the ends with a small knife and remove the side strings. Peel the shallot and garlic clove, chop the shallot into thin (half) rings and finely chop the garlic clove. Peel and finely grate the ginger root.
Finishing the stir-fried snow peas with garlic and ginger — 5 minutes
Heat a wok on high heat and when it starts to smoke you’ll add a bit of oil. Add snow peas and cook for a few minutes on high heat. Then add shallot, garlic and ginger and cook a bit more. Season with pepper, salt and sesame oil. Serve as a side dish for example with some lovely lemon chicken, enjoy!