- 100 gram plain cream cheese
- 50 ml heavy cream
- 1,5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 large sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- small package raspberries
- bit of grated dark chocolate – you can easily grate your own using a bar of chocolate
Kitchen equipment needed
- piping-bag without nozzle
- oven tray lined with parchment paper
- round cookie cutter
- silicone kitchen brush
- grater or vegetable peeler
Preparation — 10 minutes
Make sure the cream cheese isn’t too cold, it’s easier to combine with the heavy cream when it’s on room temperature. Beat the heavy cream with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1,5 teaspoons vanilla extract. Add the cream cheese and make sure the mixture is smooth. Add it to a piping-bag and refrigerate.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees or 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an oven tray with parchment paper.
Finishing the raspberry cheesecake bites — 20 minutes
Use a cookie cutter to cut small rounds of puff pastry. Transfer the circles to the oven tray. Beat an egg with a little bit of water to create an egg wash and use a brush to coat the puff pastry circles. Poke holes in the puff pastry to prevent them from rising too much during baking. Sprinkle them with a thin layer of sugar and bake them for about 10 minutes in the oven. The exact time depends on the oven and type of puff pastry you’re using.
Let the puff pastry circles cool off completely and then add a dot of cream cheese mixture on top. Put a raspberry on top and finish with some chocolate shavings. You can easily make your own shavings using a vegetable peeler or a small knife. Enjoy!