- 200 gram dairy butter on room temperature
- 200 gram all-purpose flour
- 200 gram grated cheese (such as Emmentaler or cheddar)
- 1 egg yolk
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- pepper and salt to taste
Kitchen equipment needed
- standmixer or knead the dough by hand
- oven tray lined with parchment paper
Preparation — 10 minutes
Beat the butter in a standmixer for a few minutes. Remove the stem of the thyme and add the leaves to the butter. Also add an egg yolk and gradually add the flour. Add the grated cheese little by little and season with pepper and salt.
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line an oven tray with parchment paper.
Finishing the savory cheese cookies — 20 minutes
Create small balls of the dough using your hands and press them quite flat. If they’re too thick, they won’t be crunchy. They won’t really run out, so they don’t can be quite close to each other on the oven tray.
Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, or until they beautiful golden brown. The exact time depends on the oven and thickness of the cookies. Let them cool off completely, store them in an airtight container to keep them crunchy. Enjoy!